Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Good news!

I've signed a two book deal with Knopf Books.

The Bodies We Wear will be released in the fall of 2014. So far off! But hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Pitched as Kill Bill meets The Lovely Bones (I love this. Such an interesting combination), The Bodies We Wear is the story of Faye, a girl hellbent on getting revenge against the men who stole her life and murdered the boy she loved.

People say when you take Heam, the body momentarily dies and you catch a glimpse of Heaven.

I was only nine-years-old.

I saw something else.

I saw Hell. 

Set in a world where a drug called Heam causes worldwide addiction and death, 17-year-old Faye is training so she can be strong enough to seek revenge. Eight years ago, Heam was forced on her and her best friend, Christian. She survived. Christian didn't.

But life never goes according to plan. A mysterious young man named Chael has shown up and suddenly her life has become a lot more complicated. He seems to know everything about her, including her terrible past. As she gets drawn into his world, she starts to realise that things aren't as black and white as she first thought. But too many secrets start tearing her world down. Trouble at school, with the police, and the people she thought might be her friends--even Gazer, her guardian, fears she's become too obsessed with destruction.

Love and death. Will Faye overcome her desires or will revenge destroy her?





And my apologies for my crappy blurb. I suck at these things. haha

8 comments:

  1. This sounds cool!

    Will there be a third Dark Inside book? Such a fave of mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be a third but I don't know when. I haven't yet been asked to write it. So feel free to message Dark Inside and Rage Within's publishers and tell them you want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do that! :)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:39 pm

      I'm going to do that!

      Delete
    3. There has to be a third book ! :'( I read both Dark Inside and Rage Within in a month and completly love them both and anticipating a next. You are a brilliant writer, it was a vivid movie inside my head, I felt each character come alive in my mind. Continue to write since you clearly have a knack for it, Godbless you and I hope you achieve success in everything you set your heart towards :)

      Delete
  3. Im so excited and proud of you. I can not wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an intresting person. I´m proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the book 4 X-mas. Hope, I get it <3

    ReplyDelete